What is it?
This is a 5K race/challenge that is family friendly and is raising money and awareness for ALS Association in conjunction with Vive for Women fitness studio. Racers will start in the 2 North Shore parking area and begin the race in heats. Along the way there will be obstacle stations that participants stop and complete along the way; Agility, Balance, and Strength. The course will take racers from the North Shore through downtown and end by the Riverwalk where the Riverboat is. On the Riverboat participants will have a brunch, awards ceremony, and a health and fitness expo.
Who it benefits?
All proceeds after the cost of the race is covered will go to the ALS Association of Tennessee. The Vive-K Challenge is in honor of Nancy Maclellan, and to raise funds and awareness for the ALS Association. We will have a memory table on the Riverboat to honor people who currently are fighting ALS or have passed from it.
What will participants receive?
Racers will get a Maclellan ALS Vive-K Challenge shirt for participating. They will also get a racers goody bag (draw string nylon bag with Challenge logo) that includes items like; coupons for participating local businesses, donated food/drinks, Information about ALS Association, Vive for Women, and all sponsors, and other items from local businesses.
The race will take place in heats, to spread the runners out and not clog obstacles. The race will be timed, and the winners from the different age and gender categories will receive a medal or certificate, and FREE entry in next year’s race.
Registration and packet pick up will be Friday, October 12th from 4-7pm
Pre-registration Pick-up -Friday, Oct. 12th.
- Where at Vive for Women (Across from Whole Foods)
- 307 Manufacturers Rd. Suite 203B, Chattanooga, TN 37405
We will have medals for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place men and women. There will be a medal for 1st place Youth boy and girl. We will give out certificates to the Youngest and Oldest racers.
1. Start at Renaissance Park by Pavilion with Agility Obstacles.
2. Race in Renaissance Park to Balance Obstacles along the River.
3. Race through Coolidge Park.
4. Travel to the Veterans Bridge. (In the bike line opposing traffic.)
5. Follow the Riverwalk to the left after Veterans Bridge along Battery Lane.
6. Follow the Riverwalk through the Bluffview Art District.
7. Continue on the Riverwalk until they hit the stairs behind the Tennessee Aquarium where the Strength Obstacles will be.
8. Continue to the Finish at the Riverboat!
There is a sponsorship packet that goes over the different levels of sponsorship. If a local business is interested in being a sponsor they need to contact the Vive for Women Studio. 423.803.1111
Parking Race Day
1. Get dropped off at Renaissance Park and leave a vehicle at the parking across from the Riverboat.
2. Leave a vehicle at the parking by the Riverboat and carpool to Renaissance Park.
3. Park at Renaissance Park and walk or take an UBER back after the race is over.
Here is the final list of sponsors as well.
Presenting Sponsor: Fairway Outdoor Advertising (www.fairwayoutdoor.com)
Vive for Women (viveforwomen.com)
In Shape MD (www.inshapemdchattanooga.com)
The Chattanooga Riverboat (www.chattanoogariverboat.com)
The Lett Center, Dr. Dwayne Lett (www.thelettcenter.com)
Chattanooga Magazine (www.chattmag.com)
Fairway Management Group
Crye-Leike Reality w/ Patti Marsden
Whole Foods Chattanooga
Thomas Bothers Construction
Charles and Myra Monroe
Elliott and Nini Davenport
Jack Silberman Jr. and Family
Tables at the Expo
The ALS Association
Memory Table- honoring those that have passed away from ALS
Vive for Women
In Shape MD
Scenic City Multisport
Fit (+) Meals
Norspring Center for Rejuvenation
GNC of Chattanooga
Crye-Leike Relator Patti Marsden
Fairway Management Group
Lurone Jennings Sr.
Dr. Dwayne Lett